On June 2nd, I will be participating in the 2nd Annual WALK LA Event, a fundraiser for Children's Hospital Los Angeles. As most of you know, I am currently a pediatric palliative care social worker on the Comfort and Palliative Care Team at Children's Hospital Los Angeles. As part of our palliative care services, our team aims at providing our seriously/chronically ill patients with the best possible quality of life, especially as they face the end of their lives.
As part of this care, our team has established a "Quality of Life Fund" that we intend to use to optimize the lives of our patients and families.
Some of the ways that this fund will be used may include:
· Grocery store gift cards
· Travel for family at end of life when there is extraordinary financial need
· Clothing/toiletries in instances of supporting quality of life/self-care
· Legacy item materials
· Educational materials/resources
· Specific snack wishes for quality of life
· Other special events/celebrations as appropriate
I cannot tell you how much I would appreciate your support in raising money to help our patients.
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.