Walk and Play L.A. - Important Day of Event Information
Children’s Hospital Los Angeles is thrilled to host its second annual Walk and Play L.A. on June 2, 2018 at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. Here are a few important reminders:
Only those registered as adults or children will be able to attend the event.
We are providing FREE PARKING for the first 750 participants’ cars. Participants will be sent the parking pass via email so please check your emails and/orjunk folders not to miss this important parking information. You will need to have the pass the day of the event in order to receive FREE PARKING. Contact theWalk and Play L.A. team at email@example.com with any questions.
3911 S. Figueroa Street, Los Angeles, CA 90037
There will be a mandatory bag check when you enter the Coliseum, both when you arrive in the morning and again when you re-enter the property toward the end of the 3K walk route. We appreciate your patience with this mandatory safety requirement. You can help the bag-check line move faster by only bringing the essentials.
Walkers will complete a 3-kilometer (1.86-mile) loop around the L.A. Memorial Coliseum and Exposition Park. It should take 30 to 40 minutes to complete the route. Be sure to wear comfortable, sturdy shoes and sunscreen. The route is handicap accessible.
All participants will be required to sign this waiver the day of the walk.
7: 00 a.m. - Check-in and family festival opens
8:30 a.m. - The walk begins
10:30 a.m. - Sports clinics begin
12:30 p.m. - The family festival closes
Fruit and water will be provided for all participants. Additionally, food trucks will be on site for you to purchase from. There will be a picnic area available so participants can bring their own picnic if they’d like.
This event is not your average walk, we have great entertainment planned from beginning to end so plan to stay all morning.
- School of Rock
- JAGMAC (Radio Disney's Next Big Thing)
- DJ Dense (LA Clippers)
- Daniel Dudley (Radio Disney)
- DJ Rouche (AVP and LA Lakers)
- ABC on-air talent Coleen Sullivan and Rob Fukusaki
- LA Rams Cheerleaders, Rampage from the LA Rams, LA Kings Ice Crew, LA Galaxy Star Squad, Bailey from the LA Kings
Clinics All-Star Line-Up:
Anderson Silva – Mixed Martial Artist
Coaches from the LA Galaxy
LA Kings Organization along with alumni Daryl Evans, Matt Johnson and Pete Demers
Lawrence Jackson – NFL Alumni
Terrell Thomas – NFL Alumni
Kerry Rhodes – NFL Alumni
Craig Mager – LA Chargers
- Wear comfortable shoes and prepare for the weather
- Wear a hat and bring sunscreen
- Due to event insurance coverage, we are not permitting participants to bring their pets to this event.
- Fundraising does not stop on June 2! Your Walk and Play L.A. page will stay active and able to accept donations until July 31, 2018.
Make sure to visit and share our Walk and Play L.A. Facebook page. Thank you!